Saturday, April 10, 2010
Hot Pink Breakfast Smoothie
* 1 ½ cups coconut water
* 1 large carrot, cleaned and cut in 3 pieces (or 5-6 baby carrots)
* ½ a medium raw beet, peeled
* ¼ cup cashews
* ¼ cup chopped dates (inexpensive in bulk foods at a health food store)
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 12 frozen strawberries
* optional: 1-2 Tbsp. hemp protein (available at health food stores or on Amazon)
* optional: 2 Tbsp. kefir or yogurt
Puree all ingredients except strawberries and hemp protein in BlendTec for 90 seconds. Add strawberries and puree on high until smooth. Add hemp protein for the last 5 seconds.
Raw beets are an excellent blood purifier, coconut liquid is packed with minerals and electrolytes, and how many breakfasts do you know that taste great and contain raw carrots and beets? Makes one quart, a 450-calorie breakfast that has 4 servings of fruits and vegetables, 15 percent plant protein, probiotics from the yogurt, and high-nutrition, unrefined fats in the cashews.
(GreenSmoothieGirl.com - 5/22/2008)