Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Green Experiment

I feel like I'm embarking on a never-ending road trip, which is why I'm inviting you along. Who wants to road trip alone on an endless and everywhere adventure? Not me. And instead of gorging ourselves on Milk Duds and pork rinds for hours on end, we're going to be chowing down on fresh sauteed veggies and gloriously green smoothies and homemade hummus. Lots of hummus.

Each one of us is responsible for what we chew and swallow, but how often do we really pay attention to the ingredients we're inhaling until we're sick and in pain and bloated and unhappy with life? Or until our taste buds are raw from eating a whole monster bag of Skittles?

My null hypothesis: Eating more whole and raw foods will eliminate all my health problems, plain and simple. I don't want to be on pain killers or immune suppressants or steroids—I want to get to the root of the problem (pun intended) instead of masking it. To be honest, I don't know if all this green eating will cure me completely, but I have plenty of hope and am ready to try anything. Learn from me, teach me what you know, and we'll see what all this natural eating can do to give us a better quality of life.

My plan is to attack the following: rheumatoid arthritis (RA), osteoarthritis (OA), bursitis, hypoglycemia, colon cancer, hyperthyroidism, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), candida, Strep G, and Epstein Barr Virus (EBV). As the author, I also have the freedom to add to the list as I remember other things that ail me. Hopefully my findings along the way will be of some help to you.

1 comment:

MJH said...

I love you and I love this blog! the end.