Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Acai Purple Smoothie


Good morning! I'm LOVING the smoothie I made this morning and knew I had to share this little piece of joy with you guys.

1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon flax seeds
2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate seeds
1 handful purple grapes, frozen
2 large handfuls spinach, frozen
1 handful blueberries, frozen
2 large strawberries, frozen
1 acai smoothie pack, semi-frozen (I buy the Sambazon brand, which comes with 4 packs.)
1 scoop Lepterra protein powder, chocolate flavor

Add all of the ingredients to the blender in approximately this order and blend. If some of these ingredients, like the spinach or grapes, aren't frozen, lessen the amount of water so you have your preferred consistency. Before I add the acai to the blender, I soak it for a minute or so while still in it's package in some room temperature water so I can break it up with my hands. Then I cut the package open and adding the acai chunks to the blender. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Katie, tell me more about the lepterra protein powder and where do you buy it?

Please Pass the Green said...

I'd love to say more! First I'd say go to the "What do you put in a green smoothie?" post I wrote on 1/9/12, so just last week. It talks about why I prefer Lepterra (mostly because it doesn't contain soy or whey, contains all those important digestive enzymes we need, and is made from organic plant protein). I prefer the chocolate over the vanilla, but I still like the vanilla. Here's a link to a pdf of the full details: http://www.inno-vita.com/pdf/Product%20Composition%20-%20Lepterra%20(small).pdf

I buy my Lepterra protein powder from my holistic practitioner for $43. On inno-vita.com it says it's sold through professionals, so I'd suggest contacting the company to find your nearest professional who's selling it. Inno-Vita is located in Pleasant Grove, UT. Maybe I should become a seller. Do I qualify as "a professional"?:) A professional blogger?