This past week my mom and I flew to Washington to visit my adorable niece and nephews and equally adorable brother and sister-in-law. We tried a lot of new recipes, and among them was this yummy treat . . . carrot fries! Yes, you will want to keep eating them and maybe even growl like my baby nephew when your bowl is empty.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Peel carrots and chop into thick shoestrings.
3. Drizzle lightly with olive oil or coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat (or use your hands).
4. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread carrots out in a single layer.
5. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until slightly brown.