I looked in my fridge and what did I behold but a mason jar filled with Homemade Vegan Hot Chocolate I'd made the night before. (Basically when this hot chocolate recipe says it's "vegan," it means it's dairy free. I don't know any hot chocolate recipes to date that call for meat.)
Over night the hot chocolate I'd made had solidified a little, making it resemble a runny chocolate pudding. Perfect! So I added 2 tablespoons to the Skinny Muffin recipe and then spread a little more hot chocolate pudding on top with some coconut oil. So perfect for getting Friday started off right in a healthy-yet-chocolatey sort of way! Move over donuts. We've found The Friday Muffin.
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon mashed banana
1 cage-free egg
2 tablespoons cold Homemade Vegan Hot Chocolate
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Put coconut oil in a coffee mug and pop in the microwave for about 15 seconds, or till coconut oil is melted.
2. Add banana and egg to mug and beat.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
4. Microwave 60 seconds.
5. Remove mug from microwave and turn upside down over a plate to let muffin fall out. And, literally, it slips right out!
6. Cut muffin in half and spread coconut oil and more hot chocolate pudding over top.
Happy Friday to you!