Saturday, May 28, 2011

Drink Hot Pink

When Robyn Openshaw says her Hot-Pink Breakfast Smoothie is hot pink, she isn't kidding. I went to one of her green smoothie workshops this week, and she asked how many of us had tried her hot pink smoothie. Only a handful of people raised their hands, and I wasn't one of them. For some reason I just hadn't gotten around to trying it even though I've had the recipe for more then a year now.

Well, I woke up this morning and decided today would be the day of the hot pink smoothie. I even had all the ingredients except for the coconut liquid, so I replaced it with coconut milk. It probably came out much thicker than it was supposed to because of that, but it was amazing! No wonder Robyn drinks 4 quarts of it every morning.

1 1/2 cups coconut liquid (raw or canned)
1 large carrot, cleaned and cut into 3 pieces (or 5 baby carrots)
1/2 medium beet, peeled
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup dates, chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 frozen strawberries

Put the coconut liquid in your blender first. Then add everything else except the strawberries. Blend on high. With my Blendtec I put it on speed 4 to really puree the beets and carrots. Then add the strawberries. I ended up adding 15 strawberries. Be prepared to be amazed!


2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I am going to share that recipe with my sister, Brenda. She's gone green recently too. Sounds good. Beats remind me of Venezuela. Do they you, too?

Please Pass the Green said...

Totally. I don't think I'd eaten a beet in my life until Venezuela. Another reason why we love Venezuela, right? And they introduced me to hammocks, too. And leche condensada. I'm not sure that was such a good thing though.:)

And Brenda's gonna die when she tastes this drink! No joke. De-licious!