Thursday, June 17, 2010

Something Sweet

Here is a recipe for 'Chocolate Balls'. I have to admit, I wasn't sure if I liked this at first, but I have come to really like it. Although I can't seem to get my kids to eat them. I store mine in ziploc bags in the freezer and have a cool treat now and then.

Chocolate Balls

1 cup Raw Almond Butter
1 cup Raw Tahini
1/2 cup Flax Seeds, freshly ground (optional)
1/2 cup Agave
1/2 cup Raw Chocolate Powder
1/8 tsp Sea Salt

Mix all together in a bowl, roll into balls, and chill. Optionally roll in chopped nuts or shredded coconut.

(I was not able to roll mine into nice looking balls, if any of you have a trick to do that let me know. I placed mine on a cookie sheet with saran wrap and froze them. Then took them out, placed them in a ziploc bag and stored them in the freezer.)

2 comments:

Please Pass the Green said...

Sounds yummy, Sam! I've been craving something sweet lately but have fought the urge, although tonight I am going to a dairy-free gelato place! Where can you buy raw chocolate powder and about how much is it?

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

You can also use unsweetened hersheys cocoa...but I bought my "raw" chocolate at the health food store, I want to say it cost about $8 or $10 for a bag.