Here are the basics of what sciatica is and what it may infer physically, mentally, and emotionally.
The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the today and goes from the spine through the gluteus maximus and hip area down the back of the leg. It is located along the Bladder Meridian and near the Sacral Chakra, which is the 2nd chakra. It may also take in emotions associated with the Root Chakra, the 1st chakra.
Common ailments associated with blocked energy in this meridian include the following:
- Eye diseases
- Problems with the spine
- Ear problems
- Lumbago & sciatica
- Sexual organ dysfunctions
- Chronic cystitis
- Lessons related to sexuality, work, and physical desire.
- Immune system, rectum, feet, legs, bones, base of spine, physical body support.
- Physical dysfunctions in lower back, sciatica, pelvic area, sexual function, urinary tract.
- Mental & emotional issues with creativity, blame, guilt, money, sex, power, control.
Root Chakra (1st chakra)
- Lessons related to material world.
- Sexual organs, large intestine, lower vertebrae, pelvis, appendix, bladder, hip area
- Physical dysfunctions in lower back, sciatica, varicose veins, rectal tumors/cancer, immune-related disorders, depression.
- Mental & emotional issues with family safety & security, ability to provide for life's necessities, ability to stand up for self, feeling at home, social & familial law and order.
Emotional Connections to Sciatica
- Mental anxieties regarding creative abilities.
- Over concern of money issues.
- Sexual frustration.
- Disregarding your own desires.
- Being indecisive.
- Fear of money and the future.
- Powerlessnes or giving your power away to someone or something.
I knew some of these emotional connections before, but now it totally makes sense why I am so incapacitated at the moment! Let me remind you that the past two weeks I've been intensely—and I mean day and night, conscious and unconscious—clearing all of the negative emotions and thought patterns that have been holding me back from the things I want most in my life—(1) to meet and marry the man of my dreams, (2) to embrace my creativity and support myself as an artist, and (2) to be financially free—and it just so happens that ALL of these desires of my heart are surrounding creative energy and the same emotional blockages centered in the sciatic nerve area of the body. Nice one, Katie. I'm so sorry little body of mine! I had no idea I was asking so much of you. I've had on and off sciatic nerve pain the past couple months, but nothing that's ever lasted 5 days, no sitting, no bending. This has gotta be one of the biggest blocks I've experienced, which can only mean one thing. All my dreams are about to come true!!!
(For more information about the topics mentioned above, refer to Feelings Buried Alive Never Die, You Can Heal Your Life, Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils, Anatomy of the Spirit, Sacred Contracts, and http://www.sri.new-planet.net/Meridian_System.php.)